Olivia Davis - Inspirational Story
Sunday, April 3, 2022
Olivia Davis – Moving From Perth to Sydney
My name is Olivia Davis. I moved all the way from Perth to Sydney in July 2018. I officially arrived here on the 13th July 2020 in the middle of COVID 19.
I have been here for 9 months so far and I am having a blast! In now my 4 ever home and State.
The whole process of getting me here and me arriving in my new home took 3 years in total.
I was wrongfully evicted from an accommodation back at Perth and was made essentially homeless. Due to the Perth NDIS not fully understanding of what SDA and SIL is it was a battle to get the funding. I then took them to the tribunal (AAT) and won. I was at the AAT for about a year and a bit.
It was worth the mental exhaustion of taking them to the tribunal as now I am having a blast! I have never been much happier. The staff here are amazing and so is the SDA provider.
Keep fighting for what you need. Even if it costs you mentally and you question yourself. It is worth it. I know with my situation it took 3 years in total and it should not have taken that long. I believe it should have been quicker because I was essentially homeless from the beginning of 2018.
I am glad to be out of Perth and being in the most wonderful state and accommodation.
I have a great team behind me. Which also helps with my wellbeing. Don’t ever ever give up.
- Reading and Understanding an NDIS Plan
- What to Expect from an Initial?
- Olivia Davis - Inspirational Story
- Navigating the Early Childhood space. A guide for parents and carers
- My NDIS Goals
- Language Matters: Mindful Language in the Disability Space
- Formal Supports, Informal Supports & Mainstream Supports
- A Guide To Self Care
- Don’t forget Important Documents for Planning Meetings & Reviews
- NDIS Common Phrases (EP 2) – By Stephanie Gaynor